Sunday, February 24, 2013

My Oscar Predictions 2013


Best Supporting Actress



Will Win: Anne Hathaway (Les Miserables)

Should Win: Probably Hathaway. I haven't seen Lay Miz because I generally detest musicals, but the Mrs. has and says she was great in it. And obviously the Mrs. has exquisite taste.




Best Supporting Actor



Will Win: Tommy Lee Jones (Lincoln)

Should Win: I really liked DeNiro in Silver Linings Playbook, but I'd be ok with either guy.




Best Actress



Will Win: Jennifer Lawrence (Silver Linings Playbook)

Should Win: SLP was kind of sucky, but Lawrence was great in it. The Academy will get this right.




Best Actor



Will Win: Daniel Day Lewis (Lincoln) 1/50 odds in Vegas.

Should Win: The Academy will get this one right too. If Bradley Cooper wins, I'm going to finally give up on America and move to Spain.




Best Director



Will Win: Spielberg (Lincoln)

Should Win: Out of these nominees, yeah, he probably should.




Best Picture



Will Win: I'm sensing a groundswell for Argo

Should Win: Argo or Lincoln would be fine with me.




Oh and this guy's movie for Best Furin




2 comments:

Marcheline said...

I hear so many people saying "I don't care about watching the Oscars because I haven't seen a single one of the nominated movies."

I take the opposite view. I love the Oscars because of the pomp and glamour, and rather than look to it as a review of what I've already seen (I haven't seen a single one of the nominated films either), I use it as a preview tool to decide which ones I'd really love to see. Since I don't base my movie choices on the opinions of others (for example, one of my favorite movies of all time is "Original Sin" - which the critics panned), the fact that they show so many clips and feature so much music from the films gives me a nice overview of what's on offer, and what to look for when it comes to our local library.

Thus, I save lots of money by NOT going to the theater, and have bunches of cool stuff to look forward to in the coming year!

8-)

Bob of Holland said...

Very good choices. Christopher Waltz is a deserved winner too. He was excellent in Unglorious Bastards. About Life of Pi, I heard that the Special Effects were spectacularly good. One of the FX Men is a Dutchman. So our newspapers reported that The Netherlands also kind of won an Oscar:) And the Winner for Best Film Blog is...

40 Years of Close Encounters

I’ve changed my mind about Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977) several times over the years, proving once again that ...