Friday, May 7, 2010

Bunchie's Time Machine - 1961

I’d hop in my Time Machine


If ever I needed a bit of fun
And set the control to 1961


Life seemed simpler then


The times were not as tense
And my favorite magazine was only 35 cents


Then I’d visit this pool


And refresh by swimming a few laps
Maybe help the gals adjust their bathing caps


Such a workout would make us hungry


As ravenous as newborn pups
So we’d go out for burgers and sippy cups.


After lunch, I’d write a letter


Then I'd send it to young Julie Newmar
And tell her Catwoman would soon make her a star.


For a laugh, I’d go to a car dealer


And test drive that wonderful new Desoto
Then I'd ask someone to take my photo


I’d visit some relatives


Many of whom have since departed
Like my Grammy, who was so kind-hearted


After we said our goodbyes


I’d probably feel a little restless
So off to Paris, where Godard filmed Breathless


Then back to Manhattan in a flash


Where, with my head still swirling,
I’d have cocktails with Draper and Sterling


But now my readers start to giggle…


They’re fictional characters you say?
Yes, you fool…even glamorous Joan Holloway!


But now it’s time to bid 1961 adieu


So back home to Arizona and the present day
Where, if I have all my papers, they might let me stay…

4 comments:

Paul van Yperen said...

Great idea. First of a Time machine series. Where's the first pic from?

Bunched Undies said...

Thank you Bob. The first pic is from "Time Tunnel", a sci-fi TV series I loved as a kid. Here's the IMDB page http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060036

pixel-pixie said...

Love your Time Machine episode!

Bunched Undies said...

Thanks!...Hopefully there will be others. I have all these vintage images I need to do something with :)

Roma (2018) ✭✭✭✭✭

Alfonso Cuarón’s directorial career has dealt with everything from updated Dickens ( Great Expectations ) to twisted coming of age ( Y Tu Ma...