Sunday, February 1, 2015

Quickies for February 2015



Boxhagener Platz (2010) ✭✭✭✭ 

Slice of East German life circa-1968. Grim yet very funny. Gudrun Ritter is a scream.






Nights of Alice (2010) ✭✭½

French TV time waster. Good to see the great Machu Meril again (She was Godard's Une femme Marie in 1964), but the film has too many subplots and a draggy pace. Plus it's dumb.





Take This Waltz (2011) ✭✭✭½

Michelle Williams is great here as a runaway wife, but the movie falls a bit flat. Sarah Polley is a decent director and I expected more.







3 comments:

Retro Hound said...

Hey! Long time no communico. I'm barely even blogging anymore, but haven't given up yet. You're one of the few bloggers I follow that hasn't quit. I hope you don't.

Bunched Undies said...

Hey RH. Thanks for checking in. I'll keep blogging for awhile, we'll see. Not many readers these days, folks are all busy with social media I guess.

Retro Hound said...

Well, now my blog is down with a virus, or malware. I'm about ready to switch back to blogger.

Roma (2018) ✭✭✭✭✭

Alfonso Cuarón’s directorial career has dealt with everything from updated Dickens ( Great Expectations ) to twisted coming of age ( Y Tu Ma...