Friday, August 14, 2015

New on TV: August 2015


Vicious (2013) ✬✬✬✬½
PBS

Ian McKellen and Derek Jacoby star in this hilarious Brit-com about an aging, and quite bitchy, gay couple. The show feels wonderfully old-fashioned - shot with 3 cameras in front of a live audience - and is reminiscent of the great classic BBC comedies of the 60s and 70s.




Orange is the New Black (2013-) ✬✬✬✬½
Netflix

I swore I would never watch this show. The idea just didn't appeal to me. Women in prison, yuk. Well what do I know because it's simply terrific. Netflix has done it again.





1 comment:

Paul van Yperen said...

:) Liked your comment on Orange is the New Black. I have to see that series now too.

Roma (2018) ✭✭✭✭✭

Alfonso Cuarón’s directorial career has dealt with everything from updated Dickens ( Great Expectations ) to twisted coming of age ( Y Tu Ma...