- My friend has a new foodie blog with some really interesting recipes. Check out and follow Ras El Hanout Me!
- Haneke's Amour continues to rack up the awards!
- Of course, there are always dissenting opinions
- Speaking of Mike Haneke, if you're into film you'll want to follow his arrogant, assholey fake Twitter account. At least I hope it's fake.
- The flu bug is rough this year. I know because I've had it twice so far. This thing really works! And if you're sick, for God's sake STAY HOME!!
Monday, January 7, 2013
News and Notes for a New Year
Louis Malle’s Elevator to the Gallows is a stylish and seductive thriller about a murder plot gone terribly wrong. But unlike most th...
Celebrated at Cannes, banned in Boise and breathlessly hyped in the rest of civilization, Blue is the Warmest Color is ultimatel...
Chilaquiles is sort of like Mexican lasagna, but with tortillas instead of noodles. Here’s my very simple version, which uses mainl...
Jacques Demy’s The Young Girls of Rochefort offers a distinctly French take on the Great American Musical. The film has delighte...