Monday, February 23, 2015

News and Notes: Oscar Aftermath 2015




  • The Academy Awards were given out last night. I actually watched most of it and didn't get offended or upset even once! A new record for me. Congratulations to all the winners.



  • Stephen Follows does a great job crunching Oscar stats. He has created a page with lots of interesting info about the cost of marketing films and the demographics of Academy voters. Check it out.



  • France's Oscar equivalent, the Cesars, were given out Friday. Timbuktu did very well as did a couple of American actors. Winners list here.

1 comment:

Paul van Yperen said...

Thanks for the update. Haven't seen Birdman yet, but many critics here were a bit shocked that Boyhood did not win. And I liked that Eddie Redmayne won the Best Actor Award. I am looking forward to Timbuktu.

40 Years of Close Encounters

I’ve changed my mind about Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977) several times over the years, proving once again that ...