Thursday, November 15, 2012

November News and Notes

'Tis the season for Oscar bait. There are American movies coming to the cineplex that I'm actually excited about. I know, it's crazy...

Hitchcock:




Hyde Park on the Hudson:



Yeah, even Lincoln:






Comet Over Hollywood is a very cool blog dealing with the classics. CHECK IT OUT




Remember the fabulous '70s? Me neither.
But Steven Thompson doesn't have to because he was smart and kept a diary, which he is sharing day-by-day on 1974: A Geek's First Journal. See it along with his other fine nostalgia blogs HERE






5 comments:

Retro Hound said...

So there's two movies on Hitchcock? The Girl and Hitchcock?

Bunched Undies said...

Yep, Hitch is big this year. The Girl was made for HBO and Hitchcock will be in theatres.

Will said...

Now you've got me all excited (no homo). Loving the look of Hyde Park on Hudson. I adore Hitchcock - obviously, rear window, frenzy, the birds - I loves 'em all, and I quite like Anthony Hopkins, but I worry that he will annoy me as Hitchcock. He can be annoying you see.

I'm in a Subway kind of mood, so may be going very Parisian underground this evening.

What would Uncle Monty say!

All the best from London town.

Will

Marcheline said...

What a great shot of PSH in the banner photo! Love him, and still can't figure out exactly why.

Am looking forward to "Hitchcock" too!

Bunched Undies said...

W: Uncle Monty would say: "I shall never play the Dane!"

M: PSH has this amazing ability to be a selfish slug but still sympathetic. I dunno how how he does it,

Roma (2018) ✭✭✭✭✭

Alfonso Cuarón’s directorial career has dealt with everything from updated Dickens ( Great Expectations ) to twisted coming of age ( Y Tu Ma...